YEH THI NA HAMARI KISMAT BY GHALIB SAHEB

1. Yeh thi na hamari kismat ke visaale yaar hota,
    Agar aur jeete rehte to bas yunhi intezaar hota.
-  It was not destiny to meet my loved one,
   If I have lived like this it would be just waiting for her.

2. Tere vaade par jeeye hum toh yeh jaan jhoot jaana,
     Ke khushise mar na jaate agar aitbaar hota.
- I have lived because you thought me as fraud,
Otherwise I would have died of joy if you have believed me.

3. Yeh kahaanki dosti hai ke bane hai dost naseh,
     Koi chara-saj hota koi gum guzaar hota.
- What kind of friendship will that be if friend is a preacher,
   He should be a healer(of pain) and reliever(of grief).

4. Huye marke jo ruswaa kyo na huye garke dariya,
     Na kabhi janaaja uthta na kahin mazaar hoti.
- If there was a shame in dying this death why didnt i sank( in sea),
  So there wouldnt be a funeral or tombstone( to mark my death).

5. Yeh masaail-o-tavassuf yeh tera bayaan 'Ghalib',
     Tujhe hum vali samajhte jo na baada khar hota.
- Your way of oration and philosophy o Ghalib,
   You would be great if you werent a drunkard.

By Asadullah khan 'Ghalib'

Note : The whole verse contains 11 stanzas out of which I have written 5 easy to understand verse.

Comments

Popular Posts